Application period for Intake 2022 starts in November
The application period for Intake 2022 (start of studies: October 2022) starts 1 November 2021 and closes 28 February 2022. We look forward to your application, then!
Any questions before then? We are happy to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I qualify?
To be considered for the online International Master’s in Project Management and Data Science you need:
- A bachelor degree with at least 210 ECTS*
- At least 1 year of qualified professional experience** after acquiring your bachelor’s degree (though not necessarily in the area of project management or data science)
- Proof of English*** language proficiency
*If your bachelor has at least 180 but less than 210 ECTS credits, you can submit proof of additional learning achievements or periods of professional practice relevant to the eMPMD study programme for accreditation by the eMPMD selection committee.
The selection committee will decide on accreditation and will specify the number of ECTS credits being approved for accreditation as well as the manner in which any missing ECTS credits are to be acquired in order to ensure that a total of 300 creditable ECTS credits can be achieved by the completion of the master’s programme.
**A position at a level that reflects your previous academic degree, such as project manager, architect, etc., as opposed to janitor, intern and so on
***Knowledge of German is not required to join the eMPMD. The programme is taught entirely in English.
Submit the following documents:
- Application form
- A copy of your degree certificate
- Applicants from China, Vietnam or Mongolia please submit a certificate from the academic test centre (APS). Further information can be found on the website of the German embassy in your country.
- A copy of your grade transcript
- If in another language, also provide a translation in either English or German.
- Provide an explanation of the grading system at your previous university (if not explained in your transcript of records).
- If the number of credits taken does not appear on your transcript, also send evidence of the number of credits from the first higher education degree and any further completed studies.
- Evidence of at least one year of professional experience in any field after the first university degree
- Provide official confirmation letter/s of employer/s detailing the period of time worked there.
- If you are self-employed, you may send contracts and/or tax statements.
- If your bachelor has at least 180 but less than 210 ECTS credits:
- Provide evidence of additional learning achievements and/or periods of professional practice relevant to the eMPMD study programme.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Acceptable documents include: TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic Test, comparable test giving CEFR level, proof of study in a university-level programme conducted in English for at least one year, or graduation with a complete English-language degree. (No proof needed if the official language in the country of origin is English.)
- A copy of your passport or identity card
- Curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Letter of reference: one academic or work-related reference
- Link to video of motivation or letter of motivation
How will my application be ranked?
Study places are allocated according to the following selection criteria:
- Final grade of the first university-level degree (50%)
- Number of years of professional experience after the first university degree (more than one year/more than two years) (25%)
- English language skills (according to CEFR: level B2 or lower/level C1 or higher) (25%)
- TOEFL: Level C1 is 95+ points for the internet based test
- IELTS: Level C1 is 7.0+ points
- PTE Academic Test: Level C1 is 76+ points
- Comparable tests giving CEFR level can also be used.
- Proof of study in a university-level programme conducted in English for at least one year, or graduation with complete English-language degree, will also be recognised as Level C1.
- No proof needed if the official language in the country of origin is English.
- Applicants providing evidence of Level B2 English language skills or lower will come next in ranking.
Costs & financing
Tuition and fees
- Tuition: €16,000 (paid in four installments of €4,000 per semester)
- Fees: approximately €56 per semester
- While there are no scholarships available from HTW Berlin, you can check the DAAD website for possible scholarships.
- Since your eMPMD programme is part-time, it is reasonable to work during your studies. The eMPMD has real-time and on-demand components, which add up to about 20-25 hours of studies per week during lecture periods, with lecture periods lasting about 18 weeks per semester (six months).
- Get information about work visas
- If you cancel your study place before the semester starts (1 October) or within the first four weeks of the semester, you will be refunded half the tuition fee as stipulated in the Master-Gebührenordnung of HTW Berlin.
I've been accepted!
Congratulations! If you are accepted to the eMPMD programme, you will then mail us certified official copies of the degree certificate and grade transcript, together with the study contract.
Make a copy of the original documents and take both versions (copy and original) to your university OR a notary public OR the German Embassy OR any other person/institution authorised to notarise/authenticate/certify documents. Have the copies notarised as true copies of the original. You keep the originals and send us the notarised hard copies by post, together with your study contract.
We know you’ll have questions about organising the start of your studies at HTW Berlin.
Upon your acceptance into the programme, we will provide you with the eMPMD Student Handbook containing detailed information on these steps.
And you can always email the eMPMD admissions team! We will support you throughout your application process. We look forward to hearing from you! :)