Table of contents
Application period for Intake 2019 is closed
Application period for Intake 2019 was November 1, 2018 to February 28, 2019 and is now closed.
Late applications will be considered, if study places are available. If you would like to be included on the waiting list for Intake 2019 (start of studies in October 2019), please send your full application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org following the procedures below - Thank you!
How to apply
The form opens reliably on Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat. If PDFs open in your browser by default, please download the file and open it using Adobe software. (Problems opening the form? Click here for more information.)
If your application form with attached files is greater than 20 MB, please upload your PDF to a cloud service and provide the link via mail to email@example.com.
Any questions? We are happy to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
To study in Master Project Management and Data Science you need
- a bachelor degree with at least 180 ECTS
- at least one year of qualified professional experience after acquiring your Bachelor’s degree (though not necessarily in the area of project management or data science)
Knowledge of German is not required to study in the Master Project Management and Data Science. The programme is taught entirely in English.
Study places are allocated according to the following selection criteria:
- final grade of the first university-level degree (50%)
- number of years of professional experience after the first university degree (more than one year / more than two years) (25%)
- English language skills (level B2 or lower / level C1 or higher according to CEFR, see details below) (25%)
Since the study programme is taught entirely in English, a good knowledge of English is essential!
Applications will be ranked, among other things (see above), according to the English language skills of the applicant. Applicants providing evidence of “C1” (proficient user) English language skills according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) will be ranked highest.
Evidence of “C1” English language skills can be provided in the form of:
- a TOEFL Test with a score of at least 95 points for the internet based test, or
- an IELTS Test with a score of at least 7.0, or
- a PTE Academic Test with a score of at least 76 points, or
- a comparable test proving English language skills at the C1 level of the CEFR.
- Proof of study in a university-level programme conducted in English for at least one year, or the graduation with a complete English-language degree, can also be accepted.
Applicants providing evidence of “B2” English language skills or lower according to CEFR will come next in ranking.
If the official language in the country of origin is English then no language certificate is necessary.
Submit the following documents via e-mail:
- Application Form including:
- A copy of your degree certificate together with a grade transcript and, if necessary, an English or German translation,
together with an explanation of the grading system at your previous university (if not explained in your transcript of records).
- Evidence of the number of credits from the first higher education degree and any further completed studies.
- Evidence of at least one year of qualified professional experience after the first university degree: official confirmation letter/s of employer/s detailing the period of time worked there; if you are self-employed: contracts and/or tax statements.
- Proof of English proficiency (see details above).
- A copy of your passport or identity card.
- Curriculum vitae (résumé).
- Letter of reference.
- Motivational letter.
Applicants from China, Vietnam or Mongolia please submit a certificate from the academic test centre (APS). Further information can be found on the website of the German embassy in your country.
- If you cancel your study place before the semester starts (October 1), you will get half the tuition fee as well as the semester fee back (minus 50 Euros administration fee) as stipulated in the Master-Gebührenordnung (MasterGebO) of HTW Berlin.
- If you cancel your study place after the semester started, but within the first 4 weeks of the semester, you will get half the tuition fee back as well as that part of the semster fee covering the semester ticket (MasterGebO).
- If you have to cancel your study place due to visa problems before the semester starts, you will get the full tuition fee and the semester fee back (minus 50 Euros administration fee) (Proof of negative visa notice needed).