Application period for Intake 2024 starts in November
Application period for Intake 2023 is closed. The application period for Intake 2024 (start of studies: October 2024) starts 1 November 2023 and closes 28 February 2024. We look forward to your application, then!
Any questions before then? We are happy to help: Admission-MPMD@HTW-Berlin.de
Do I qualify?
To be considered for the International Master’s in Project Management and Data Science you need:
- A bachelor degree with at least 180 ECTS
- At least 1 year of qualified professional experience* after acquiring your bachelor’s degree (though not necessarily in the area of project management or data science)
- Proof of English** language proficiency
*A position at a level that reflects your previous academic degree, such as project manager, architect, etc., as opposed to janitor, intern and so on
**Knowledge of German is not required to join the MPMD. The programme is taught entirely in English.
Attached to the online application form, submit the following documents:
- A copy of your degree certificate
- A copy of your grade transcript
- If in another language, also provide a translation in either English or German.
- Provide an explanation of the grading system at your previous university (if not explained in your transcript of records).
- If the number of credits taken does not appear on your transcript, also send evidence of the number of credits from the first higher education degree and any further completed studies.
- Evidence of at least one year of professional experience in any field after the first university degree
- Provide official confirmation letter/s of employer/s detailing the period of time worked there.
- If you are self-employed, you may send contracts and/or tax statements.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Acceptable documents include: TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic Test, comparable test giving CEFR level, proof of study in a university-level programme conducted in English for at least one year, or graduation with a complete English-language degree. (No proof needed if the official language in the country of origin is English.)
- A copy of your passport or identity card
- Curriculum vitae (résumé)
Please also include:
- Letter of reference: academic and/or work-related
- Link to video of motivation or letter of motivation
How will my application be ranked?
Study places are allocated according to the following selection criteria:
- Final grade of the first university-level degree (50%)
- Number of years of professional experience after the first university degree (more than one year/more than two years) (25%)
- English language skills (according to CEFR: level B2 or lower/level C1 or higher) (25%)
- TOEFL: Level C1 is 95+ points for the internet based test
- IELTS: Level C1 is 7.0+ points
- PTE Academic Test: Level C1 is 76+ points
- Comparable tests giving CEFR level can also be used.
- Proof of study in a university-level programme conducted in English for at least one year, or graduation with complete English-language degree, will also be recognised as Level C1.
- No proof needed if the official language in the country of origin is English.
- Applicants providing evidence of Level B2 English language skills or lower will come next in ranking.
Costs & financing
Tuition and fees
- Tuition: €16,000 (paid in four installments of €4,000 per semester)
- Fees: approximately €310 per semester
- While there are no scholarships available from HTW Berlin, you can check the DAAD website for possible scholarships.
- Although the MPMD is a full-time study programme, many of our students hold a part-time job. As an international student you are allowed to work 120 full days or 240 half days per year or an unlimited number of days as an academic assistant. Students from the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland have unrestricted access to the German labour market.
- After your successful completion of your studies, you are entitled to different work visas in Germany.
- We offer application trainings.
- If you cancel your study place before the semester starts (1 October) or within the first four weeks of the semester, you will be refunded half the fees as stipulated in the Master-Gebührenordnung of HTW Berlin.
I've been accepted!
Congratulations! If you are accepted to the MPMD programme, you will then mail us certified official copies of the degree certificate and grade transcript OR your APS certificate if you come from China, Vietnam or India (and have not already sent the APS), together with the study contract.
For certified official copies, make a copy of the original documents and take both versions (copy and original) to your university OR a notary public OR the German Embassy OR any other person/institution authorised to notarise/authenticate/certify documents. Have the copies notarised as true copies of the original. You keep the originals and send us the notarised hard copies by post, together with your study contract.
We know you’ll have questions about getting your visa, finding accomodation in Berlin, organising the start of your studies at HTW Berlin ...
Upon your acceptance into the programme, we will provide you with the MPMD Student Handbook containing detailed information on these steps.
And you can always email the MPMD admissions team! We will support you throughout your application process. We look forward to hearing from you! :)