Table of contents
Details on the programme content are accessible via the sidebar menu (left).
Winter semester 2020/21
Corona restrictions are starting to be lifted in Germany and a number of countries worldwide. Still, we are some time away yet from "back to normal". To ensure that all of our students will be able to enjoy the full learning experience of the MPMD study programme, the winter semester 2020/21 will be organized as follows:
- Classes will start in the beginning of October 2020.
- The format will be a mix of on-Campus and online classes.
- On-campus classes will be taught to split classes to allow for enough space between students to comply with distancing rules.
- As Corona regulations allow, we will switch back to mainly on-Campus teaching mode.
We are looking forward to seeing you in October -
until then take care and stay safe!
Your MPMD Team
In the world's corporate environment it is highly important to be familiar with the international context and have a better understanding of it. The Master’s degree programme in Project Management and Data Science at HTW Berlin will help you to successfully manage and supervise projects in the international environment as well as facilitate, process and interpret extensive datasets and carry out analyses across different disciplines.
The curriculum focuses on different areas of project and Information Management, various Data Analysis techniques as well as HR and Marketing. Deep knowledge of statistics is not required.
Ideally prepared for a successful career
This specialisation is based on our survey of major German industrial companies, which revealed a strong demand for internationally oriented project management specialists and data scientists.
During this program you will acquire international skills by working together with students of different nationalities and background. Since the programme is taught entirely in English, you will also be ideally prepared for the international labour market. Language skills in German are not necessary.
Services and support for international students
- A one-stop service concept is available from a dedicated programme office throughout the duration of studies. This is offered from application to graduation, even extending to alumni support. A professional programme manager is in charge of the provision of services.
- Student handbook: Upon acceptance in the programme, we provide you with detailled information on the steps to take to apply for your visa, prepare your stay in Germany, start your studies at HTW Berlin ...
- Full university services such as libraries, the career centre, computer centre and university sports are at the students' disposal.
Let's talk about money ...
Tuition and semester fees
- Tuition fee is 16,000 EUR for the entire programme (4 semesters). The tuition fee can be payed in 4 installments (4,000 EUR per semester).
- Additionally, there will be approx. 310 EUR semester fees per semester. The semester fee includes an unlimited ticket for the Berlin public transport system (all zones) for six months.
- There are no scholarships available from HTW Berlin.
Costs of living
- Estimate of living cost in Berlin is 735 EUR per month (based on the BAfÖG entitlement).
- Working is possible during the programme, but as it is a full-time programme, we recommend an upper limit of approx. 8-12 hours of work per week during the lecture period.
As an international student, there might be extra regulations for how much you are allowed to work (depending on your visa). Information on working during a degree as an international student can be found on the official Berlin Website